Skid-mounted process plant or a Modular Process Skid is a system contained within a frame that allows the process system to be easily transported. It is an efficient way of transporting and storing machinery for process and modular systems like gas and fluid systems. As soon as the machinery is manufactured, it is mounted onto a frame or onto rails or a metal pallet. The equipment is thus moved safely and easily and used as a unit and also called “system in a box”.
As a Skid Engineering Company, Rishabh offers comprehensive Skid Structure Design and 3D Modeling Solutions. Our Skid Package Design services cover all sectors including Oil & Gas, process industries such as Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Fertilizer and utilities like Water and Effluent Treatment and Power. Rishabh Engineering integrates and delivers models for fully customized packages ensuring high performance, compliance and availability for Modular Process Skid. We have successfully collaborated with clients across the world to design custom skids and packaged systems that have solved many unique and often complex business challenges.
Typically individual skids consist of full process systems and numerous process skids are often combined to build bigger process systems or entire portable plants. A good example of a multi-skid process system would be a system that includes a raw materials skid, a utilities skid and a processing unit that work in sync.
Our Skid Design And Engineering Services:
Our expertise extends to Fuel Skid Packages, Glycol Dehydration and Glycol Regeneration Packages, Compressor Packages and Metering Skids. Accuracy and safety are the guiding principles for our team ensure stringent adherence to milestones, regulations, deadlines and budget.
We create these designs using advanced 3D modeling tools and software. We provide the full range of Pre-bid Engineering services. Right from the submission of your initial P&IDs and project specifications we will design the plant layout and furnish the detailed package. These include mechanical design of piping and structures and the creation of relevant fabrication drawings in-depth.
Our services include condition monitoring, pressure & flow control, and environmental management (process heating & cooling). We also take care of design considerations such as valve and pipe loss calculations to ensure performance at the skid discharge. Full structural calculations are also available, along with noise reduction options where necessary.
Skids are also accessible with complete component traceability & a full range of Non Destructive Examinations (NDE) & Non Destructive Tests (NDT) for our clients’ benefit.
Engineering Design Tools Used for Skid Package Detailed Engineering:
Modeling Tools: AVEVA PDMS, Intergraph PDS, Bentley AutoPLANT 3D, AutoDesk AutoCAD PLANT 3D and Intergraph CADWorx
Model Review Tool: Autodesk Navisworks
Stress Analysis Tools: CAESAR II, StaadPro
Skid Package Services:
- Mutli-Discipline 3D model of skid
- Pre-bid Engineering
- 2D general arrangement drawings
- E&I Skid Engineering – cable tray, junction box, small bore, containment etc.
- Fabrication Isometric drawings
- Detailed structural fabrication drawings
- Bill of Materials for piping and Structural
- Weight and COG calculation for lifting arrangement
- Lifting arrangement detailed drawings, Lifting Calculations (drawing)
- Mono Rail Calculations
- Structural Steel Calculations including Anchor/Foundation Loads
- Lifting Lug Details
- MTO for Structure (all structural steel elements including grating)
- MTO for Piping Materials (including bolts, nuts, gaskets)
- Piping stress analysis and Structural stress analysis reports
- Fatigue analysis, surge analysis, transportation analysis, transit analysis, blast analysis etc.
Types of Process Skid Designs We Can Handle (Offshore and Onshore):
- Custody Transfer meters
- Ultrasonic flowmeter
- Coriolis flowmeter
- Differential Pressure flowmeter
- Turbine flow meters
- Positive displacement flowmeters
- CIP(Clean In Place) Skids, STP, WTP
- Water Treatment Skids
- Fuel Skid Packages
- Glycol Dehydration and Glycol Regeneration Packages
- Compressor Packages
The Rishabh Advantage:
- Faster design delivery
- Capabilities to provide tailor-made designs for single and multi-level integrated oil and gas modular packages for both onshore and offshore
- Multidisciplinary equipment skid design
- Full support from Pre-bid Engineering to Fabrication to As-built
- Custom-made solutions
- Compliance with international codes and standards
- ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 Certified Partner
Why Skid Systems?
Maintenance, replacement and upgrade activity within a plant process or is a complex, expensive and inconvenient task. So, in spite of the obvious benefits and overwhelming need, plant managers may delay or avoid making these changes that could otherwise improve productivity and efficiency.
Modular Skids are essentially plug and play. That is, these convenient modular systems are designed and built off-site, delivered and connected with your existing process at a convenient time – pre-planned short outage. Owing to geometrical efficiency and portability, skid-mounted process equipment is a snug fit into the tight and deliberate space at modern plants. It also causes minimal disruption and resolves the tedious challenges of onsite fabrication of systems.
Business value of a Skid Mounted System:
- Minimal installation time, expense, and hassle
- Portable, mobile and space-efficiency
- Shop-fabricated ensuring better construction quality
- Pre-install system testing and calibration can also be addressed
- Back-up emergency system
Rishabh Engineering is a global provider of process skids and modular skid package designs with our Structural Design, 3D Modeling & Detailed Engineering expertise.